Food & Beverage Seasonal MOD
Status: Part-Time (25-32 hours/week) OR Seasonal Full-Time (up to 40 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Schedule: Will include a combination of daytime, evening and weekend shifts. 1-2 Holidays required.
Compensation: $18-19/hr plus tips
Membership Benefits: Free Summer Couples PAC Membership
Effective: Friday, May 24th, 2024 – Monday September 4th, 2024
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of PAC’s Food and Beverage Managers, this individual will assist in providing leadership and training to the Lost Court staff; ensuring that all service and quality standards are maintained within the department, monitoring inventory usage and providing administrative support as needed. In the absence of both Food & Beverage Managers they will be responsible for the operation of the Lost Court Bar & Grill, Bob and Vel’s Coffee shop, Jolly Jelly’s Coral Reef Concession Stand, Tiki Bar and parties/special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist management team with the daily operation of all food & beverage areas. Serve patrons in a prompt, yet warm and friendly manner. Take food and beverage orders and assist team with food preparation and service. Ensure that all quality and service standards are maintained. Oversee Food & Beverage areas when F & B Managers are not present.
- Ensure Food & Beverage areas are adequately staffed. Fill in for missing staff as needed. Support as additional management on high attendance days/events (Movie nights, 90 degree days, etc.)
- Uphold Club’s commitment to customer service. Help to ensure member satisfaction and retention by quickly addressing customer concerns and resolving any conflicts or issues in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assist and Troubleshoot when point of sale problems arise. Help employees process through technological issues as needed.
- Help to resolve conflicts that may arise among staff and members. Follow up with department managers and ownership as needed.
- Communicate effectively with management and team members; inform management of guest problems, safety concerns and maintenance issues.
- Aid in taking monthly Food and Beverage inventory. Spot check inventory and assist with food cost control throughout the month as well.
- Observe, follow and enforce Wisconsin Liquor Laws in all beverage areas. Understand alcohol management including procedures for checking ID’s and recognizing personal limits of guests.
- Assist team in cleaning and maintaining restaurant. Ensure work areas, cooking surfaces and equipment/utensils are cleaned and sanitized. Follow state guidelines pertaining to frequent hand washing and food handling.
- Learn, respect and follow company procedures. Enforce PAC’s rules pertaining to alcoholic beverages leaving the bar area.
- Complete requirements for training, staff meetings, attendance, uniform/dress code and work duties as assigned. Must maintain current Adult CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The Seasonal Food and Beverage MOD must have a high school diploma (or equivalent), proven leadership skills and 2+ years’ experience working in the Food & Beverage industry. They must be at least 21 years of age and have (or be willing to obtain) a current Sun Prairie bartending license. They must be competent with Microsoft Office software and have experience with a computerized cash register system. Current Red Cross Adult CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications are required.