Pickleball – Open
PickleBall has the combined features of badminton, tennis and ping pong, but also has its own unique features, too. This sport receives a point scoring from badminton, the court structure from badminton and tennis, the net from badminton and tennis and the paddle (well, sort of) from ping pong. The ball is plastic and contains several small holes, much like a wiffle ball. Anyone can play Pickleball as players come in all ages. You don’t have to be strong, quick, tall or overly athletic to play, just able to keep the ball in play and have fun.
During Open Pickleball times listed below, generally doubles is played. Court 4 is available for Pickleball play from open to 3 p.m. on weekdays and any night after 9 p.m. You can reserve court 1 for Pickleball play Monday through Thursday nights from May through August.
Open Pickleball and reservations may be unavailable during days off school and special events. Like other sports on the basketball courts (badminton, playing catch with a baseball or football, etc.) setting up a Pickleball net is at the manager’s discretion at all times.
- Sunday 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Tuesday 1-3:30 p.m. Also, beginners Pickleball, 8:30-10:30 a.m. (no instructor)
- Wednesday 9-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday 1-3:30 p.m.
- Friday 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9-11 a.m. (court 4 is available from 9-11 a.m., court 5 is available from 10-11 a.m.)
- $15 after 3 p.m. on weekdays and before 3 p.m. on weekends
- $10 before 3 p.m. on weekdays and after 3 p.m. on weekends
- Punch card with 10 punches available for $80. Good for use before 3 p.m. on weekdays and after 3 p.m. on weekends.